Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

All Set Up!!


Well, I have it planted! I am so proud of it. When I set it up, I pored the water in too fast. Ugh. I then had a ton of floating plants. Feedback is always welcome!
Aquarium: 29 Gallon

Filter: Emperor 280 Bio-Wheel

Light: 80 watt grow light

C02: DIY, Flourish Excel

Plants: Amazon Sword, Ambulia, Dwarf Rotala, Broadleaf Anubias, Crypts, Stargrass.( I have probally miscatorgirized a few, as I am new to this, but if you see something miscatorgirized, or not listed, please let me know.)

Substrate: Eco Complete (Black) with Riversand mixed in.

It is only three days old, but I had to show you all this! I am very proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! You are now in the same boat as I am with my 20g...waiting for it to grow in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll have a lot of fun watching everything grow out. :)

    I can tell you offhand that the plant with the big leaves in the front left corner is hygrophila corymbosa (giant hygro) - it's fine where it is for now but eventually, if it does well, you'll have to move it to the back. The stems that look similar with the white veining in their leaves are sunset hygro. You're correct that there's some ambulia, but there's also some myriophyllum mattogrossense, which looks similar.

    You may also want to pull the anubias up out of the substrate a little more; it doesn't like having its rhizome buried, but other than that I think many of the plants will do well for you. Have fun!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete